Monday, June 27, 2011

Day #5 - Arenal Volcano (Hess)

I'll keep my post short because I'm about to post two from student posts in a minute. Today was great, we left the rain-forest and journeyed to the base of Arenal Volcano. It is amazing to see how much the students are learning and just absorbing their surroundings. I am constantly getting bombarded with all kinds of questions: Why is one part of Costa Rica dry and the other part a rain forest? Why don't the cows here look like they do at home?





I think today was the highlight of the trip for a few students. We went zip lining. There were some nervous faces at first, but soon they were replace by the biggest smiles I have ever seen. The group worked together, enjoyed the scenery and experienced a real adrenaline rush.



No comments:

Post a Comment



Adventure Details

Duration 8 days
Destinations San Jose
Arenal Volcano
Caribbean Coast
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology