Tuesday, July 19, 2011

BEST DAY EVAR!!! (a.k.a) Day 7

Tommy here, and I am sitting in a bus, after rappelling down a 200 foot waterfall, plus one that was a 75 foot free-fall!  THE EPICNESS BURNS MY SOUL!!!!  We also saw the peak of the volcano that is almost in our hotel’s backyard.  Now we are going to a school where we have donated some money, I think, but it better be worth the 2-hour drive,(I’m not optimistic). I send love to my dog, my mom, and my dad.  Speaking of which, mom, if you are reading, this please have pepperoni pizza ready when I get back.

Thanks!

Still Alive,

Tommy

p.s  I have acquired a taste for Strawberry smoothies! 

3 comments:

  1. Haha, Tommy, this is an amazing post, I must comment. :o) The first drop was actually 165 feet, but it did feel much higher; you were so BRAVE to do that by the way, amazing!! "Epicness" will now be a part of my daily vocab. We donated school supplies, and after you experienced this part, I AM optimistic that you did enjoy it. Pepperoni pizza sounds like a perfect welcome home dinner, thanks for the idea. And, the drink of choice this week was a strawberry daiquiri, virgin (sin alcohol) of course!!

    *Ms. V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a GREAT time! We can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tommy,

    I'm so glad to hear you had such an amazing experience repelling down the waterfall. I'm sure once the trip to the school was made and the giving back to others was done, you were feeling something else in your soul. Giving back is good for it. Have safe travel's tomorrow and hopefully, no delays.

    Jacob's Mom

    ReplyDelete



Adventure Details

Duration 8 days
Destinations San Jose
Arenal Volcano
Caribbean Coast
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology