Monday, July 18, 2011

Post by Merina

Hi everyone!!! Today we had a bit of a change of scheduele, because yestereday it began thunderstorming so we couldn't go ziplining, we went today instead. First we went zip lining on two small zip lines, and then we went on a very large one. We had to curl up into a fatal position, and then when they pushed me off I screamed the whole way! After the 5th one I began to get used to it though and I didn't scream as much. The view from the zipline was amazing, we could see Lake Arenal, as well as the Arenal Volcano. I also saw a three toed sloth.
After lunch we left for the Hot Springs. The hot springs were so beautiful, unfortunately I didn't get any pictures because I didn't want to get my camera wet; but Shoni got some. There were four different levels and the hottest felt like boiling water, no one went int it except for Kirsten, Stewart, Kyle, and Olivia. I dipped my arm in but it was too hot. The people who did go in thought it was so hot they had to stay out of the water for 15 minutes! Then we went into the dining room and had sauteed fish, grilled steaks, homemade tortillas, beans, rice, salad, and rice pudding with coconut; it was DELICIOUS. While we were swimming I also had a Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri with pineapple, lime, and cherries.
Tomorrow we are leaving for our new hotel in San Jose and repelling down waterfalls. San Jose is a six hour drive from here so I will probably sleep, and listen to my iPod.
xoxo
~Merina~

2 comments:

  1. HI Merina!! Sounds like you guys are having a great time-- the ziplines sound so fun. And the food, wow! They are taking good are of you : ) Celeste says 'hi' and she misses you so much... she would like a blog post addressed specifically to her : ) We are all doing well here, although we have no virgin daquiris. I'm sure you have a full day of fun ahead of you tomorrow-- enjoy!

    Love,
    mom (and dad, grandpa, Celeste, and auntie Martha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Merina, It sounds like a wonderful adventure. Do you have to be a kid to do this tour? I want to go on a vacation like this one. Keep on having fun. Take care, Candi

    ReplyDelete



Adventure Details

Duration 8 days
Destinations San Jose
Arenal Volcano
Caribbean Coast
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology