Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Freeman at the hot springs

Tonight we are at the hot springs!  There are three levels of heat: Hot, Hotter, and WOW BABY THAT IS BURNING!  Fortunately, there are cool pools as well.  We have had an amazing day – zip lining, time at the hotel pool, and now hot springs. I was so proud of my students doing the zip lines.  It was so cool to see them conquer their fears – it inspired me to do the same! Tomorrow is our last full day here.  We are astonished at how fast the week went and are so sad to see it ending.  Tomorrow, we are going in 4x4’s to some really neat waterfalls where we will hike up for about 20 minutes and then we rappel down. Hopefully, my students and I will all have the nerve to do that! After that, it is off to do some souvenir shopping, then on to our hotel in San Jose.  We have all made many friends that will be hard to say goodbye to.  As  a teacher, I feel so blessed to experience this in person as well as through my students’ eyes. We love DSA and we love Costa Rica!

Donna P.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Adventure Details

Duration 8 days
Destinations San Jose
Arenal Volcano
Caribbean Coast
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology