Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Costa Rica

Hey it’s Jami!

What’s up guys? So yesterday we had been at the hot springs and I couldn’t type for long but I have plenty of time now that we are on the two hour bus ride back to San Jose. Tomorrow we leave to go back home and I am excited to see my family and friends, but sad to leave Costa Rica. Just today we met a guide on the way to the waterfalls that has never been out of the country so he really wanted to see snow just like people in Spokane, Washington want to see the jungle. I also thought it was interesting that because Costa Rica is close to the equator there are no four seasons. There are only the wet season and the dry season. just earlier today we rappelled WATERFALLS!! It was so scary at first, just like the ziplines, but after the first waterfall, (165 feet high!) it was exciting and everyone was pumping with adrenaline. We did a total of five waterfalls all together but the ones after the first one ranged from 50 feet to 95 and we got WET! This whole experience has been so amazing I feel like I could do anything after that.

Love,

Jami Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment



Adventure Details

Duration 8 days
Destinations San Jose
Arenal Volcano
Caribbean Coast
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology