Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Post by Merina >3 >3:)

     Hi everybody! I am excited to come home, having lots of fun here but I want to go home. I have bought lots of surprises for you guys I think you’ll like.

    Today we went waterfall repelling and it was absolutely terrifying, zip lining was way more fun. I mean, the water repelling was cool but I don’t know if I’d do it again. I’d definitely do the zipling again though. What we had to do was lean back off the edge of the waterfall (the first one was 160 ft high) and just let go and fall. Luckily the people were really nice and they’d let you go slow. But then they just dropped the rope and let me free fall like 500 times and I screamed the whole way down like “oh my god oh my god oh my god” It was so scary. I also got a huge scratch on my stomach that we thought was a wasp bite because it was so puffy but it turned out to just be a scratch.

   After that we went to visit one of the schools and we brought gifts for them. The kids there were soooooo cute!!! There were six graders, 3rd graders, and 2nd graders. But I think the 6th graders looked more like 10th graders and the 2nd graders look more like preschoolers. They all worked in the same room with each other. We played soccer “Futbol” with them. No wonder the South American teams always win, the kids at the school flattened us. Even the 2nd graders. It was embarrassing. They kicked the ball so hard, and one of the sixth graders hit two of our people in the head by accident. It was pretty funny.  One of the little girls (i think she was a 3rd grader) gave me and Olivia a rubber bracelet haha.

     xoxoxo ~Merina~

No comments:

Post a Comment



Adventure Details

Duration 8 days
Destinations San Jose
Arenal Volcano
Caribbean Coast
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology