Friday, July 15, 2011

Posted by Ellie Leonard

Hi mom and dad!!! How are you? I am good! today was awesome, it rained a lot though! Today we visited the Bribri tribe, we rode in a wood canoe for 45 minutes, it was the most amazing ride ever!! when we went through the waves i put my hand in and it skimmed over the surface and splashed myself! and we saw Panama!! we also saw Panamenian cows!! the little calf’s were drinking the river water and when we came by he reared up and reared and trotted everywhere! when we arrived we got off the shore and there were a TON of little dogs and a few little puppies. we went up and made chocolate sauce with roasted Cocoa beans and we crushed them and ground them and dipped bananas in them! I’ll tell you more later, i love you!!!!!!

love love love, Ellie

I’m having tons of fun!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellie,

    That sounds like an amazing day!! I'll bet the little calf and puppies were really cute : ) The canoe ride sounds like so much fun. I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying yourself.

    Reading about the chocolate and bananas is making me really hungry right now!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie,
    Miss you!!!! The house is sure quiet around here. The trip sounds amazing and I am enjoying your updates very much. I found Bonnie's address and sent it to Shoni in case you wanted to try and send a postcard to her. Enjoy the rest of the trip! Look forward to hearing more about it!

    xoxoxo Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete



Adventure Details

Duration 8 days
Destinations San Jose
Arenal Volcano
Caribbean Coast
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology