Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 5..Already?!

This week has been going by so fast! Day 5 has come and gone...It all started with breakfast at the Tirimbina Hotel. It was very good! Then we left and drove 2 hours to the zip-lining place. The drive wasn't bad at all! When we arrived we got our supplies for the zip-lining and took the sky tram to the top of the first cable. When we got to the first platform we were given the best ice tea I have ever tasted. The first two cables were only like 20 feet long and called "practice cables." But the third one...that's a different story! I believe Alix posted a video of me screaming on the blog. I actually don't remember screaming at all! The third one was definitely the scariest though. The highest one was 1800 feet high, the fastest one was up to 55 miles per hour, and the longest one was 1/2 mile long! That was the scariest thing I have done in a long time, but when we were done, I wanted to do it again! After zip-lining we went to our resort. It is really nice here. We each have our own little cabins and bodays in our bathrooms. We ate lunch and left to go see the ASIS project. The purpose of the project is to help retrain animals that have been taken in as pets. I got to hold a spider monkeys hand and see a lot of animals really close. Afterwards we went back to the resort, ate and went swimming! The pool was so sweet! Now I'm getting yelled at to finish writing and to bed! I miss you lots but I dont want to leave!! -Danielle Carruth

No comments:

Post a Comment



Adventure Details

Duration 8 days
Destinations San Jose
Arenal Volcano
Caribbean Coast
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology