Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fire Ants!

After snorkeling today, we went back to get our backpacks to shower and wash all of the sand off! I picked up my backpack and started walking towards the shower, and then I felt my back stinging. All of the sudden my legs and my arms were stinging, so i took my backpack off and told Anika to see if there was anything on my back. She told me that I had ants EVERYWHERE! Than it started burning, so I ran to the showers to get all of the ants off. After all of the ants were gone my back and arms i had small bumps all over that looked like mosquito bites, and they burned! Mr. Long gave me anti-sting wipes and that really helped! Apparently I had been stung/bitten by fire ants.

Do not like ants anymore!!!
Ali

1 comment:

  1. Really Alz, when have you ever liked ants!!!!

    Love you, Miss you!

    Mom ( Jen )

    ReplyDelete



Adventure Details

Duration 8 days
Destinations San Jose
Arenal Volcano
Caribbean Coast
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology