Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Maddi Scheppke's blog

Today was absolutely amazing! It was perfect weather...maybe just a little hot but over all very, very nice. We planted trees right away in the morning so I felt so good about it!:) yay!! Then we donated different school supplies to a rural school. The kids were so cute and nice! Even though they couldn't speak any english..the little Spanish that I know worked very well! We also went to a waterfall that was beautiful!! It felt so good because we were hot and sweaty from hiking there! Then we went to a village and milked cows! It was SO WEIRD!!! But a good experience to have under my belt;) then late tonight we went to the hot springs...they were aaaahhhhmmazing!;) like I want some in Eau Claire when I get back!
I'm sad that this experience is coming to an end and that we only have one more day but it was way worth it so thanks Mom and Dad<3 your awesome and I'm excited to see you on Thursday and tell you about it all!:) I'm gunna look for stuff for you tomorrow:b love ya lots! Talk to you soon!!
Love<3
Maddi S.

1 comment:

  1. Mads,

    Good to hear you have that under your belt! :) I will warn the dogs of your new talent! You are so funny! Can't wait to see you on Thursday.

    Take care,
    xoxo
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete



Adventure Details

Duration 8 days
Destinations San Jose
Arenal Volcano
Caribbean Coast
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology