Saturday, August 6, 2011

Leslie's Day 3 Blog!

Hey everyone!

So, this morning we had the option of going for a walk on the beach. If we wanted to we had to be ready at 6, so two of my roommates set an alarm on one of their I-Pods because there was no alarm clock. In the morning, I woke up when the alarm was going off. I sat up and noticed that one of my roommates was still waking up and the other two were getting up to get ready. I also noticed that it seemed to be pretty dark for almost 6 in the morning. I grabbed my watch, and it said 3:45. I asked them if it was really 3:45. They replied, shocked, "It's 3:45?!?!" I didn't know how my watch could get off, but I figured that it must have happened! Then they asked if the time here was an hour ahead of the time in EC. Guess what? It's not. It's an hour behind. So we resent the alarm clock and got a few more hours of sleep.

The activity for today was visiting the Bribri tribe! It was so cool to see the difference in cultures between us and them. We got there by canoe (which were carved out - they used to be tree trunks) and then got to make chocolate sauce. After that, we played different games with the kids who lived there, including soccer and four square. We also got to try to shoot a handmade bow! I didn't do very well, but it was still very fun!!

I can't wait for snorkeling and hiking tomorrow!!!

I love and miss you Mom and Dad!!!!! (And Annette too!)

-Leslie K.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are having so much fun! Love and Miss You!! Mom (and Dad and Annette!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how about bringing one of those monkey's back to WI!! We love reading about your adventure. Makes us want to go to Costa Rico! Love, G&G

    ReplyDelete



Adventure Details

Duration 8 days
Destinations San Jose
Arenal Volcano
Caribbean Coast
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology