Monday, August 8, 2011

Zip Lining Today

Okay so hi agian. Today we went zip lining on the Sky Trek system. It was really cool and really pretty once I got over my fear of hieghts. The view from most of the platforms was super amazing. We took the Sky Tram to get up to the first platform and the view was so beautiful. The first two lines were practice lines so you could get used to the positions and decide whether you wanted to go the rest of the was or not. Everyone from our group went on all eight of the zip lines and I'm guessing every single one of them is glad that they did. Half way through on the second to last line I managed to get a wasp to fly down my shirt and sting me a little bit below my neck. It hurt so bad and I couldn't let go of the handle so I had to deal with a wasp stinger jabbing in to my skin for the rest of the way. When I was able to get off the line I got the wasp out of my shirt and I had to pull the stinger out of my skin and it was big too. It was not my most pleasent expierience on this trip, but I suppose it may have been worth it because I got a Sky Trek pin as an award. We are going to the school, a ranch, a water fall, and the hot springs tomorrow. I can't wait. Well thats all I have to say for now.
Emma T.

4 comments:

  1. Way to conquer your fear of heights Emma. With a wasp sting no less, your amazing! It loved hearing about your day and can't wait to see the pictures you mentioned.
    The Galligans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma, I think the wasp was just jealous because you were flying too. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! Enjoy your last couple days! - -Uncle Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's our girl!! Emma the brave! We're all so proud of you!
    Your brothers have been following along too. Last night we had to google bullet ants and kinkajou's. We're jealous about the kinkajous. (not so much the bullet ants!)
    I hope you were able to enjoy the last line and take in the scenery in spite of the sting. I think you're realizing you're a tougher girl than you gave yourself credit for.
    Lots and lots of love, Mom, Dad, Ethan, Elliot and Romeo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! You are making memories that will last a life time!! :)
    Cheryl B

    ReplyDelete



Adventure Details

Duration 8 days
Destinations San Jose
Arenal Volcano
Caribbean Coast
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology